Cooling Tune-upYou know your system works, but do you know if it’s working at peak performance? Peak efficiency? As it was designed to? As well as it should?
Your air conditioning system is a major investment in your home and is the most taken for granted appliance/system we have, out of sight. out of mind. The magic box on the wall (thermostat) makes cold air Approximately. half of homeowners do not have their units serviced until it breaks down (if it’s not broke, don’t fix it). Well, if you want a longer than average system life. the most comfort and the lowest utility bill, trust Ideal Air Services to keep it in like new condition.
Our A/C tune-up is a comprehensive check of all of the components that work together to keep you cool. Regular maintenance is designed to reduce operating costs & costly repairs. It’s designed to keep your home comfortable and your system running at peak performance.
You wouldn’t wait until your car broke down to change the oil, right?
Protect your investment with a regular tune-up.
- Check cooling performance, temperature drop and determine if adjustments are needed … A low or high refrigerant charge can easily go unnoticed and increase operating costs An improper charge can cause compressor damage
- Clean outdoor condenser, remove debris from unit and water clean condenser coil … Dirty condenser coils raise refrigerant pressure higher than needed, increasing your electrical bill by adding run time.
- Inspect condenser fan motor operation and lubricate as necessary … Dirty motors are less efficient and will fail sooner.
- Check amperage of compressor for proper operation … Temperatures and pressures will be recorded
- Test and inspect compressor contactor … Worn contacts and loose wire connections can lead to motor or compressor failure.
- Inspect start/run capacitors and relays … Weak/bad capacitors can lead to motor failure
- Inspect for refrigerant leaks … Additional refrigerant should never need to be added to your system, this can indicate a larger problem. A leak search will be performed if system is low
- Inspect indoor evaporator coil … An inspection can show potential problems such as. mold, mildew. dirt. This will cause higher electric usage and poor air quality.
- Flush condensate drain to protect against overflow and treat with algaecide tablets .. Algae can block a condensate drain which can cause expensive water damage
- Inspect blower assembly operation and lubricate as needed … Dirty blower wheels can cause vibration and will reduce air volume causing longer operating time and increased cost.
- Inspect air filters and other indoor air quality accessories … Dirty air filters can cause your unit to waste energy and can shorten the compressors life
- Test controls for proper operation … Improper functioning controls will cause breakdowns
- Calibrate thermostat and confirm proper operation
- Evaluate overall efficiency and performance of system and inform customer of conditions and/or recommendations